Patrick Sean Barrett
Bachelors of Electrical Engineering
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Graduated: Spring 2014
Engineering, Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
Century College, White Bear Lake, MN
Focus: Electrical Engineering
Operating Systems: Linux, macOS, Windows
Vala, HTML, CSS, Ruby, CUDA (Intermediate); Go, PHP, Latex(Basics)
Software Packages: Altium Designer, KiCad, Eagle Cad, SolidWorks, Inventor,
Exosite | Sept 2016 - Feb 2017
- Designed and developed new embedded software library for Exosite's upcoming 'Advanced Device Connectivity' initiative.
- Library was designed for robust device to cloud security using better than industry standard encryption & mutual authentication protocols while maintaining a very high level of developer ergonomics and ease of use.
- Assisted with the design of the 'Advanced Device Connectivity' cloud systems.
Technical Marketing Engineer
Exosite | Dec 2015 - Sept 2016
- Reviewed most of Exosite's marketing materials for technical accuracy.
- Attended industry tradeshows, fielding all questions about Exosite's technical products and helped potential customers understand if and how Exosite's products could help them build their IoT products.
- Remained as tier 3 customer support representative.
- Handled most tickets that were suspected to be legitimate problems found in Exosite's systems.
- Handled all questions about Exosite's CoAP API.
Exosite | May 2013 - Dec 2015
- Was the main technical customer support representative.
- Wrote, developed, and maintained Exosite's documentation and documentation website including a custom written static site generator.
- Helped create and run several training seminars designed for Exosite's partners.
- Helped in development and testing of the introduction of Exosite's CoAP API.
Associate Systems Engineer
Exosite | May 2012 - May 2013
- Worked as part of a team to develop various embedded software projects,
switching projects as business needs changed.
- Ported eLua to a new embedded platform, personally wrote modules to support modem
AT command interface with modules to communicate using UDP, TCP, HTTP, and
an abstracted interface to interact with our platform web API.
- Sole developer and maintainer of Exosite’s official Arduino Library.
- Investigated various open hardware platforms and wrote example code to
Exosite-enable the devices.
- Assembled prototypes to demonstrate potential customer applications.
3D Printing Specialist & Technology Consultant
Mahtomedi Public School District FabLab | June 2011 - June 2013
- Selected and built three different low cost 3D printers.
- Refurbished two other 3D printers already owned by the district.
- Setup software for various uses in FabLab based classes.
- Provided ongoing assistance in maintaining 3D printers and other equipment.
- Hosted Saturday open lab hours for community members.
3M - Payment Components Business | March 2011 - May 2012
- Responsible for making and shipping material samples.
- Created method for creating rapid prototypes using customer’s designs.
- Regularly assembled, laminated, and tested various card constructions for
compatibility with ISO and ANSI standards.
Engineering Lab & FabLab Student Worker
Century College - Engineering Department | Spring & Fall 2010, Spring 2011
- Re-setup all FabLab Equipment after computer upgrades, including: Epilog Laser
Cutters, Stratasys 3D Printer, Z-Corp 3D Printer, Sherline Mills and Lathe.
- Created method for using a never used Roland Mini Mill for milling PCB’s.
- Performed routine maintenance of FabLab equipment.
- Kept inventory of all materials available to students in engineering lab and
submitted purchase orders when necessary.
- Instructed students on proper use of software and FabLab equipment.
- Notes to Self (Working Title, Work-In-Progress)
- A hosted web app that allows you to write notes to yourself. Notes will be
organized by a tag hierarchy and will be able to be made public or
available to a specific group.
Alpha Live Demo: https://notestoself.herokuapp.com
(Login with ”firstname.lastname@example.org” and ”demo”)
- A Pebble watchapp that finds your location and lists nearby MetroTransit
bus stops and the real-time arrivals at the selected stop. Written in C
Full Source Code Available: https://github.com/Azdle/MetroGnome
- An application that opens N number of browser windows and refreshes one
url or rotates through a series of urls on a set interval. Intended to be
used for status wall displays.
Full Source Code Available: https://github.com/Azdle/nPages
SEE MY WORK
A Little More About Me
3D Cad Models